In today’s post, you will learn How to Add Your Name in Voter List Online. Where the government is chosen by the people. However, some rules have to be followed for this too. Like the voter should be a citizen of India and his name should be in the electoral roll. Only then can he vote for any government. The minimum age for voting in India is 18 years. If you are 18 years old or more then your duty is to get your name included in the voter list to vote.
The name is included in the voter list only when you apply for the new Voter ID Card, although in many cases it has been seen many times the name of the voter disappears from the Voter List and its main reason is to change the voter list. Prior to the election, the Election Commission releases the new list in which the new voter is included, while the names of those who have died are removed. In such a case, the name of the voter is withdrawn from the voter list by mistake.
All Topics in This Article
How to Add Your Name in Voter List
In the Voter List, there are two main ways in which you will have to visit the EC’s website, whereas the other way is offline, in which you have to apply through Election Commission Officer. Let me tell you that the Election Commission gives the facility of adding the name to the Voter List a week before the implementation of the Code of Ethics. If you also want to add your name to voter list or want to improve your name, then you have to contact the application from the online site or the Election Commission officer.
If you want to add your name in the online voter list or the voter list, then you have to go to the EC’s official website https://www.nvsp.in. Here you will find many options to add your name or to improve your name, you have to follow the steps below.
Add Your Name in Voter List Online
- First of all, go to the National Voter Service Portal https://www.nvsp.in. You can use Google’s Chrome browser for good results. It is available for both computer and mobile.
- If you want to add a new name to the voter’s list, you have to click Apply Online for Registration of New Voter.
- After this, a new page will be open which will be of Form 6. You have to send it by uploading your name, address, photo, address proof and identity proof.
- If your residence has changed, you can apply for withdrawal from the voter list through Form 7.
- If you have to improve your name address, you have to click on the option of Correction of Entries in the Electoral Roll option.
- Clicking on this option will open Form 8. By filling out this form you can improve your name or address.
If you make any mistake in this form, then you will be rescinded. In such a case, before filling out these forms, you have to keep the information on your required documents in advance so that you do not have any problems during filling the form.
How to Add Your Name in Voter List Offline
As far as the talk is in offline mode of name twinning in the voter’s list, then it is a very simple way that you do not need to do anything more. First of all, you have to contact your nearest Election Commission officer. Adding the name to the Voter List here will require the Aadhar card and any government board’s numeral list. If there is no agenda, then any address-proof document can be placed.
Now you must know How to Add Your Name in Voter List Online and Offline here. We have given you both online and offline ways. You can adopt any method according to your convenience. In online where you will have to go to the National Voter Service Portal, while offline you will have to contact the Voter Registration Officer. In most places, a teacher of the government school becomes a voter registration officer. In this case, you have to contact the teacher of your nearest government school to add a name to the voter’s list.